The Group Chair works closely with the Group Scout Leader to ensure the smooth running and delivery of Scouting in the Group, and ensure the Group Executive Committee fulfils it’s role.
Our Chair will ideally have experience in leading similar organisations, with experience of the volunteering sector. They will be excited at the challenge of delivery Scouting, and help guide the Executive Committee and the Programme Teams for strategic growth.
Scouting has a core set of training that Trustees will need to undertake:
- Module 1 – Essential Information
- General Data Protection Regulations
- Trustee Induction
Tools of the Role
Your role will require you to use the following software packages, if you have no experience of those packages, we will support you in gaining skills to enable you to be our Chair:
- Sage Online Accounting (Group dependent)
- Office365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Objectively and impartially chairing and facilitating Executive Committee meetings.
- Planning the annual cycle of Executive Committee meetings and setting the agenda for Executive Committee meetings.
- Monitoring that decisions and actions agreed at Executive Committee meetings are implemented.
- Working closely with the Group Scout Leader to ensure there are long term and short term goals and the role the Executive Committee can play in helping to achieve these.
- Ensuring that all members of the Executive Committee have been briefed and inducted into their roles, receive appropriate training, and are aware of their status as charity trustees.
- Addressing and resolving conflicts that arise.
- Membership and attendance of any working groups or sub-committees set up by the Executive Committee, where appropriate.
|26th Milton Keynes Youth Members||Why you’re doing the role|
|Group Treasurer||Fellow Trustee|
|Group Secretary||Fellow Trustee|
|Group Scout Leader||Fellow Trustee, Group Head Honcho|
|Group Exec Members||Fellow Trustees|
|District Chair||Supporter, Counsellor, dotted line manager|
|Group Section Team||Your Spenders|
|Other Group Chairs||Your Support Network|
Every volunteer who applies will be considered as additional Executive Committee Members are required although, ultimately, there can only be one Chair.
The successful applicant will be appointed to post until the first Group AGM, whereby they will need to stand for re-nomination as per Policy, Organisation & Rules, the rules of the Scout Association.
Mandatory Training needs completing within 5 months of DBS being submitted, and an informal interview with the District Appointments Committee, at some point when it reconvenes.